Hiking & summer holiday in the Gastein Valley
Mountain climbing, mountain biking, golf etc. in the Hohen Tauern mountains
Hiking, mountaineering & climbing
Blazing sunshine, magical alpine meadows and clear mountain air - the Gastein mountains in the National Park Hohe Tauern make an incomparable natural paradise. Here you can really unwind, leave your everyday life behind your and savour the idyll to the most. Gentle walks, extensive mountain hikes and demanding climbing trails await in the region around Bad Hofgastein. After the uphill stretch through the varied flora and fauna world enjoy the peace and the breathtaking panoramic views at the peak Hiking and climbing in the beauty of the Hohe Tauern National Park - simply wonderful.
- Varied hikes and mountain tours for all ability levels in the Hohe Tauern National Park
- Well-marked hiking trails
- "Pleasure hiking" using the lifts in summer
- Suspension bridge with viewing platform at the Stubnerkogel
- Outdoor pine bed for observing the vultures and eagles on the Graukogel
- Climbing possibilities for beginners and experts in Gastein
- Sport climbing trails of varying levels of difficulty
- Mountain Adventure Gastein Hiking Pass for Völserhof guests
- Rental of walking poles available in hotel
Mountain biking, cycling & e-biking
The Gastein mountain landscape with its gentle alpine meadows and impressive peaks is simply fascinating. Discover this magic of nature on your bike. The numerous mountain bike routes combine demanding ascents with adventurous descents high up above Bad Hofgastein in Salzburger Land. Stop for refreshment along the way in one of the rustic alpine huts and enjoy local delicacies, surrounded by a fantastic view over the valley. If you prefer more gentle biking, explore the beauty of the Gastein mountain trails on an electric bike - without any effort at all. A tip for families and cyclists is the flat Gastein Valley cycle path.
- Cycle, mountain bike and e-bike routes to suit all ability levels
- Extensive network of mountainbike trails and traffic-free side roads, forest roads and tracks
- 15 special mountainbike tours for expert bikes
- Mountainbike training and guiding sessions
- Gastein Valley cycle path: ideal for families and cyclists - cycle path leads right past our hotel
- Relaxed biking on an electric bike - available for hire in the Gastein Valley
- A number of bike rental and bike shops, e.g. opposite the hotel
Tennis & golf
Just a few minutes away from the 4 star Hotel Völserhof the Gastein Golf Club offers golf enthusiasts of all levels a well-tended 18 hole course. At the golf school you can learn the theory and practice your first swings with an iron on the green. The Gasteiner tennis courts with their unmistakable flair and sunny location will make your heart beat faster. Both tennis clubs in Bad Gastein and Bad Hofgastein are also just a few minutes drive away.
- 36 tennis courts (30 outdoor and 6 indoor courts)
- Tennis schools offering lessons
Swimming & beach volleyball
Splashing water, laughing children, warm rays of sun and the taste of fruity ice cream on your tongue - that's what a typical summer's day looks like at the Gastein bathing lake. The lake with its excellent water quality is set in an idyllic location right by the Gastein cycle path. Get the family onto their bikes and head off for a fun time swimming. Or make a refreshing stop in the cool water on your bike tour. Those with energy to spare after a fun day at the bathing lake can visit one of the lovely volleyball courts in the area.
- Gastein bathing lake right on the Gastein Valley cycle path
- Situated between Bad Gastein and Bad Hofgastein
- Up to 4 m deep & 2.3 ha water surface area
- Excellent water quality
- 3 lovely beach volleyball courts in Gastein
Riding & horse-drawn carriage rides
Riding on holiday - words to make children's hearts beat faster. On a summer holiday in Gastein your children can spend lots of time outdoors in the fresh air. Plus they also learn through playful handling of the horses how to take on responsibility. The Gastein riding club in Bad Gastein is just a few minutes drive from the 4 star Hotel Völserhof. No just children, but adults too can learn to ride here. Or enjoy a horse and carriage ride and set off into the sunset on a warm summer's evening with your loved ones.
- A varied riding holiday in Gastein
- Gastein riding club in Bad Gastein: riding for beginners and intermediates
- Iceland horse farm in Bad Hofgastein
- Equestrian teaching experiences and special form of riding instruction
- Treks in the picturesque Gastein countryside
- Romantic horse-drawn carriage ride - available in Bad Hofgastein, Bad Gastein and Dorfgastein
Archery & fishing
You'll find plenty of variety on your summer holiday in Gastein: sports enthusiasts and nature-lovers can discover their "wild" side on the three archery courses - stalk through the forest, aim at the various targets with your bow and arrow and improve your concentration and accuracy as you go along. Those who prefer things a little quieter, can enjoy pure relaxation fishing in the glittering Gastein waters. Sit around the camp-fire with the family and cook your catch - a successful end to a day full of adventure.
- 2 different archery courses and a 3D hunting archery course
- Fishing in the Kötschachtaler Ache rives, the Fuxfarm pond, Paarseen Lakes
- Grill your catch over the camp-fire or have it prepared for you at the Hasseckalm.
Feel the wind in your hair, sun on your back, pure adrenalin rushing through your veins - fly up high above the Gasten Valley in Salzburger Land with a paraglider. An impressive landscape stretches out beneath you. Observe the laughing people below whizzing down the mountain track on mountain carts and monster scooters. Right nearby a rafting dinghy appears. Coming into land you'll see a group of segway riders speeding by. An unforgettable day full of action is guaranteed.
- Enjoy fun rides on a Segway through Gastein
- Take part in organised tours or whizz through Gastein by yourselves
- Paragliding with a tandem instructor
- Head down the mountain on a monster scooter or mountain cart
- Experience pure adrenalin rushing through your veins: rafting in Gastein
- A variety of sports shops and rental possibilities
Tradition & local customs
In the Gastein Valley tradition and local customs are upheld. Local guides accompany your on an exciting journey through Salzburg culture. Let yourself by transported back to days gone by during a visit to the Gastein Museum. Afterwards you can try out the traditional method of farmers' bread baking for yourself at the idyllic Amoseralm. At the Strohlehenalm you'll find out lot of interesting facts about the original types of cheese and you can taste them yourself. How about a real Gastein adventure? - Try your luck at gold panning in the Nassfelder Ache river.
- Find out lots of informative and interesting facts about Gastein's history
- Traditional bread baking at the Amoseralm, enjoy your own home-baked bread with cheese and bacon from local farmers
- Show diary and cheese production at the Strohlehenalm
- Gold panning at the gold panning sites by the river in the Anger Valley, in der Nassfelder Ache river and by the Waldgasthof Angertal
Gastein valley spa region
In the Gastein Valley sport and relaxation make and ideal combination for an unforgettable summer holiday. The nearest spa is just a few minutes walk away - the Alpentherme Spa Gastein. In its theme worlds those seeking relaxation, kids and sports enthusiasts will feel equally at home. In addition the Solarbad Dorfgastein and the Felsentherme Spa in Bad Gastein are both in the vicinity.
- Alpentherme Gastein in Bad Hofgastein
600 m vom Hotel Völserhof entfernt
Speed Rutsche, Rafting Rutsche, Strömungskanal
Verschiedene Themenwelten, z.B. Relax World, Sauna World, Family World, Ladies World, Multimedia-Erlebnisdom mit Kino im Wasser