Winter and ski holiday in Bad Hofgastein
Sports enthusiasts, pleasure-seekers and families – there’s something to suit everyone in Gastein.
Skiing & snowboarding
The warm rays of sunshine on your face and the well-prepared pistes beneath your skis – skiing and snowboarding is just great. The Gastein Valley lies in the heart of the Ski amadé and boasts a total of 205 kilometres of slopes and state-of-the-art ski lifts. Thanks to the varied pistes – from carving slopes, freeride pistes, moguls and deep-snow terrain as well as family descents – winter sports enthusiasts can enjoy the ski paradise in Gastein in Salzburger Land. Those guests wishing to leave their car standing on holiday can travel on the ski bus to the valley lift stations and enjoy a hassle-free start to a day’s skiing. An unforgettable ski holiday awaits daredevils, pleasure-skiers and families in Bad Hofgastein at the 4 star Hotel Völserhof.
- 4 modern ski areas in the Gastein Valley: Dorfgastein-Großarl, Stubnerkogel-Angertal-Schlossalm, Graukogel, Sportgastein
- The largest connecting ski area in the Gastein Valley: Skigebiet Angertal
- Located In the heart of Austria’s largest ski area association, the Ski amadé
- Carving pistes, family slopes, deep-snow descents, Funpark,…
- Ski bus services to the lift valley stations
- 1 lift pass valid for all 5 ski regions in the Ski amadé
- Calculate the cost of the lift pass online: lift pass calculator
- Ski and snowboard schools plus equipment rental in resort
- For kids and beginners: nursery slopes in the ski centre Angertal
- Overview of the Gastein ski area with the panoramic piste map
- The ski bus stop is right by the Hotel Völserhof – free of charge
Cross country skiing
Beneath a beautiful blue sky, at the foot of the Hohe Tauern, you can explore the impressive winter wonderland of Gastein on cross country skis. Physical activity in harmony with nature is not just a treat for body but also for the soul. Savouring the view of unspoilt countryside and the glistening snow on the 45 km of trails you’ll soon forget the physical effort of this sport. Classic skiers and skaters can both enjoy the wonderful trails on their winter holiday in Bad Hofgastein.
- A total of 11 different cross country ski trails in the Gastein Valley
- Trails of varying levels of difficulty and length
- Free use of all cross country ski trail
- Flood lit trails in Bad Hofgastein and Böckstein
- Snow-sure high alpine trail at an altitude of 1,600 m in Sportgastein
Ski touring & snowshoeing
Leave your everyday life behind you and recharge your batteries away frm the ski pistes. A ski tour or snowshoe walk in the unspoilt countryside of the Hohe Tauern National Park is the perfect activity. Experience how the impressive peaks appear nearer and nearer with each step your take. Make tracks through snowy forests, past romantic alpine huts, accompanied by the warm sun rays. Here you’ll find it easy to enjoy the peace and quiet at to simply be at one with yourself. As a reward for the strenous ascent on touring skis you can carve your tracks back down through the glistening snow.
- Enjoy exciting experiences
- Action and sporting challenge
- New snowshoe trail in Dorfgastein
- Equipment available from all sports shops
Winter hiking, horse-drawn sleigh rides & tobogganing
Those seeking relaxation and families can enjoy a very personal experience on a winter walk through the winter wonderland in Gastein Valley. Here you’re really in the heart of peaceful nature. Stop along the way to enjoy the fascination of the mountain scenery and to savour the relaxing power of the winter countryside. Your kids will be in their element building a snowman or challenging you to a snowball fight. Snuggled up warm you can explore the region comfortably from a traditional horse-drawn sleigh. Have fun on a toboggan run in the Gastein Valley. Whose can steer their sledge the best and ends up first down in the valley?
- Over 100 km of well-prepared winter footpaths
- Specially prepared paths, often parallet to the cross country trails
- Level of difficulty to suit all abilities: from gentle stroll to endurance sport
- Refreshment stops along the footpaths
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides through the winter countryside of the Gastein Valley
- Fun and action on the toboggan runs in Gastein
- Partly floodlit toboggan runs
- Natural toboggan run Aeroplan in Bad Hofgastein
Ice skating & curling
It’s just great spending time with your family and friends outdoors in the fresh winter air. The Eisarena (Ice Arena) in Bad Hofgastein is perfect for twirling around on your skates. The well-maintained ice rink is right near the hotel. You can also have a go at the traditional Salzburg sport of curling in the Alpenarena. Try to get as close to the target as possible and collect points. Which team proves to be the most skillful and win this fun game?
- Fun activities on your winter holiday in Bad Hofgastein
- Ice skating and curling in the idyllic Gastein mountains
- Eisarena (Ice Arena) Bad Hofgastein and natural ice rink Bad Gastein
- Equipment rental in resort
- Curling: Eisarena (Ice Arena) Bad Hofgastein with 3 articficial ice lanes and curling clubhouse in Bad Gastein
Ice climbing, paragliding & hang gliding
Gastein in Salzburger Land offers exciting adventure sports ensuring a winter holiday full of variety and action. Feel the unique thrill of ice climbing, paragliding and hang gliding. Well-equipped and accompanied by experienced guides you can climb the icy heights of Gastein with crampons and pickaxe. On a tandem paragliding flight head up even higher in the Gastein Valley with the fabulous thermic conditions. The view from above of the snowy resort of Bad Hofgastein and the surrounding area will amaze you.
- Ice climbing in varying levels of difficulty for beginners and experts
- Guided ice tours with experienced mountain and climbing guides
- Paragliding and hang gliding: tandem flights with “Parataxi Gastein”
Gastein valley spa region
After a long day on the slopes there’s nothing better than enjoying the thermal spa water. Whilst the adults savour their well-earned peace and quiet, the children can romp around on the water slides and in the toddlers’ pool. The diverse spas in Gastein offer something for everyone.
- Alpentherme Spa Gastein in Bad Hofgastein
600 m from the Hotel Völserhof
speed water slide, rafting water slide, jet stream channel
various themed worlds, e.g. Relax World, Sauna World, Family World, Ladies World · multimedia adventure dome with cinema in the water